Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Once We Were Kings by sweetp-1

Banner created by Ms. Ambrosia

Once We Were Kings by sweetp-1

Even though they're mortal enemies, Edward and Seth develop a cautious friendship after being paired together in biology class. After learning more about each other and hanging out on a regular basis, their feelings change from platonic to passionate and romantic. However, their happiness is short lived when Seth imprints...on girl.

This story put me through a roller coaster of emotions. One minute I was happy and warmed by the love that Edward and Seth shared and the next my heart felt like it was being ripped in two. Originally a one shot, I was apprehensive about reading the continuation, fearing even more heartache, but I'm so glad I took a chance.

Once We Were Kings is angst at its finest and sweetp-1 does and wonderful job conveying the characters' feelings so realistically that I actually felt their pain, joy, frustration and anger. I desperately rooted for Edward and Seth's HEA even when it didn't seem feasible. Please take a few moments and read this rather painful, yet beautiful story.

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment