Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I ❤ Yaoi: Hybrid Child by Shungiku Nakamura

Konnichiwa!

Today's wonderful yaoi manga recommendation is 
Hybrid Child by Shungiku Nakamura!

It's rare that something I read (manga, novels, nonfiction, etc.) makes me cry. I may get a lump in my throat or feel the pain the characters are experiencing, but to shed actual tears? Hybrid Child  is an exquisite collection of three interwoven stories that feature a hybrid child, a sort of android that can grow and flourish depending on the amount of love his or her master/owner bestows. Each of the stories is filled to the brim with emotion that will either make you smile with joy or cry in bittersweet sorrow. It's hard to choose a favorite out of the three because they were all so beautifully written; each conveying a strong and thought-provoking message. I HIGHLY recommend this manga to all BL/yaoi fans. It is truly a beautiful piece of work that has easily one of my new favorites.

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment