Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I ❤️ Yaoi: Super Lovers by Miyuki Abe

Greetings fellow yaoi lovers!

Today's selection is a manga I just recently started reading, Super Lovers by Miyuki Abe.

Haru visits Canada to spend the summer holidays in the woodland house of his strict, strong-willed mother, Haruko. There, she burdens him with the responsibility of caring for his younger adoptive brother - a wild and unruly little boy named Ren who trusts no-one and prefers to wander in the woods with Haruko's dogs rather than associate other people. Haruko orders Haru to "civilize" Ren.

As the young man strives to teach Ren how to live in human society, their relationship gradually improves - so much so that Haru plans on taking his 'little brother' to Japan with him once he finds a job.

Unfortunately, fate has a cruel habit of interfering with one's plans...
 


Once again I've happily stumbled upon a delightful manga! Ren is so unbelievably cute it's ridiculous, and Haru's kindness and willingness to try to break through Ren is commendable is quite sweet. I'm enjoying how their tentative relationship is strengthening and deepening, and I can't wait to see how it unfolds. I have a feeling I'm in for quite a treat!

This is my initial rating of Super Lovers. I will update it once I finish the manga (or what is currently available). :)

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment