Thursday, February 9, 2017

Book Review: Love Lost by Hayden Hunt

Derek and Scott dated in college, but jealousy and insecurity drove them apart. Fast forward several years and the two men find themselves together once again, only this time Derek is training Scott in a new position after he moves back to their hometown. Although engaged, Derek feels stuck. He loves his fiance as a person, but he just doesn't feel any kind of spark or passion with her. He can't help but think back to his relationship with Scott, the one he compares to all others. Will the former lovers be able to move forward and let go of the past or will they be doomed to repeat it?

I had issues with this book. The overall premise is great, but unfortunately the execution did not work for me. The book was littered with typos and grammatical problems, and in the span of 2.5 chapters, the name Britney was spelled three different ways.

In terms of the characters, Scott was very likeable and sweet. I often found myself frustrated with Derek's character, though. He tried to be a good person and in many ways, he was; however, I just can't get past his part in the "big misunderstanding". It only took a fleeting moment for him to regress and it was disheartening to watch. in the aftermath, I felt that Scott was a little too forgiving, but you can't help who you love.

All in all, this story had a lot of potential, but I think it was pushed out a little too fast. The editing issues made it difficult to fully focus on the story, and I ,as a reader, felt I had to suspend belief on certain issues just to move the story along.

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily provided my honest review.

Buy Link
Amazon

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment